Looking for a roofing system that will last for a long time, be inexpensive, and be ideal for Orlando, Florida’s hot and muggy climate? TPO, or thermoplastic polyolefin, is the answer. Due to its many advantages, this famous roofing material has become quite popular among owners of commercial properties. In this blog article, we’ll look at why TPO is a great option for your Orlando business roof and how it can save you money while protecting your structure from the weather. So let’s get started right now!
Why TPO – Thermoplastic Polyolefin Base – Great System for Commercial Roof in Orlando Florida
What is TPO?
TPO is an acronym for Thermoplastic Polyolefin, a single-ply roofing membrane that has gained immense popularity in recent years. TPO is made up of three layers – the top layer, which contains UV-resistant materials to protect against sunlight and maintain color, the middle layer, comprised of reinforcing scrim for added strength; and finally, the bottom layer, which serves as a bonding agent.
TPO roofing systems come in different thicknesses ranging from 45 mils to 80 mils. The type you choose depends on your building’s needs and budget. Additionally, TPO comes in several colors, including white, gray, and tan.
The TPO material offers excellent resistance to punctures, tears, impacts, UV radiation, and chemicals, making it ideal for commercial roofs. It also boasts energy-saving capabilities thanks to its ability to reflect heat away from the building during hot summer months. In summary,TPO is a highly durable roofing system known for its cost-effectiveness compared to other options available today.
The Benefits of TPO
- TPO, or Thermoplastic Polyolefin, has become a popular roofing system for commercial buildings in recent years. This is due to the numerous benefits that make it an attractive option for business owners and property managers.
- One of the biggest advantages of TPO is its durability. It can withstand harsh weather conditions such as heavy rain, strong winds, and extreme temperatures without cracking or wearing down easily. This makes it an ideal choice for areas with high humidity and frequent storms, like Orlando, Florida.
- Another benefit of TPO is its energy efficiency. The white reflective surface helps to reflect UV rays from the sun which reduces the amount of heat absorbed by the building resulting in lower cooling costs during summer months.
- Additionally, TPO roofs are easy to maintain and repair compared to other roofing systems, such as metal or asphalt shingles. They require less maintenance over time which translates into cost savings for businesses.
- Moreover, TPO roofs are environmentally friendly since they can be recycled at the end of their useful life, unlike traditional materials, which often end up in landfills adding waste to our environment.
TPO commercial roof in Orlando is a great option when choosing a commercial roofing system due to its durability, ease of maintenance and repair, along with energy efficiency, making it an excellent long-term investment for any business owner looking towards cost-saving measures while also being environmentally conscious.
TPO vs. other roofing systems
When it comes to commercial roofing, there are a variety of options available. One popular choice is TPO or Thermoplastic Polyolefin. But how does it compare to other roofing systems?
- Firstly, let’s look at traditional built-up roofs (BURs). These consist of layers of tar and gravel, which can be heavy and difficult to install. In comparison, TPO is lightweight and easy to install due to its single-ply membrane.
- Another option is PVC or polyvinyl chloride roofing. While similar in some ways to TPO, PVC can be more expensive and less environmentally friendly than TPO.
- EPDM, or ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber, is another type of single-ply membrane roof system that has been around for decades. However, EPDM can shrink over time, whereas TPO remains stable.
- While each roofing system has its pros and cons, many experts agree that for commercial properties in Orlando Florida with flat roofs – especially those looking for an eco-friendly option – TPO offers the best value overall, both financially and functionally speaking, as well as being resistant against algae growth thereby reducing maintenance costs too.
Why TPO is a great system for commercial roofs in Orlando
Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions
TPO, or thermoplastic polyolefin, is a popular roofing system that has gained traction in recent years due to its numerous benefits. One of the reasons it’s an excellent option for commercial roofs in Orlando Florida is because it can withstand extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain and high temperatures.
Another reason TPO is ideal for commercial roofs in Orlando, Florida is because of its energy efficiency. TPO reflects heat from the sun, which means it keeps buildings cooler during hot summers and reduces air conditioning costs.
Durable and Long-Lasting
Additionally, TPO is highly durable and long-lasting. It resists punctures, tears, and other forms of damage that often arise with frequent rooftop traffic or severe weather events like hurricanes.
Ease of Installation
One more advantage of TPO over other roofing systems is its ease of installation. TPO comes in large sheets that are welded together on-site using hot-air guns, creating a seamless finish and avoiding gaps where leaks could occur.
Finally, adding all these advantages together makes TPO an affordable solution since businesses won’t need regular repairs or replacements like they would with traditional roofing materials making this perfect especially for business owners looking to cut down their maintenance costs while still having secure protection over their assets.
How to install TPO
Installing TPO roofing requires special expertise and knowledge of the materials involved. It is crucial to hire a professional contractor who has experience in working with TPO roofing systems.
The installation process involves several steps, starting with the preparation of the roof surface by cleaning and repairing any damages. The next step is to install insulation boards on top of the roof deck, followed by laying out the TPO membrane sheets.
The seams between each sheet are then heat-welded together using specialized tools and techniques, creating a continuous barrier that protects against water infiltration. Flashing details are also installed around rooftop features such as vents and chimneys to ensure full protection against leaks.
TPO roofing offers exceptional value for commercial properties looking for a durable, energy-efficient solution that can withstand Florida’s harsh weather conditions. By choosing this material, building owners can save money on energy bills while enjoying peace of mind knowing their property is fully protected from external elements.
When it comes to installing your new TPO roof system in Orlando Florida, make sure you choose an experienced contractor who understands how to work with these materials properly. With proper installation and maintenance practices in place, your new TPO roof will provide excellent performance well into the future!