Hurricane Damaged Commercial roof in Orlando FL
Commercial roof in Orlando, FL, can be susceptible to hurricane damage. Strong winds and heavy rain can damage your commercial roof, leading to water and many other issues on your premises. If a hurricane has damaged your commercial roof in Orlando, you should not postpone any repair action before the loss increases significantly.
A comprehensive guide on what to do after a hurricane damages your commercial roof in Orlando, Florida. This includes checking your roof, filing a claim, and obtaining roof repair or replacement.
Inspect Your Roof
Walk onto the roof if you can safely search for damages. Ensure you look for missing or broken shingles, damaged flashing, and other roofing material. Also, look out for leakages and other signs of water entry.
Here are some specific things to look for when inspecting your roof for hurricane damage:
- Missing or damaged shingles. Your roof’s shingle is considered the weakest that a hurricane can damage. Ensure that repair or replacement can be done immediately when any shingle is found missing or damaged.
- Flashing damage. You will want to use flashing for surrounding vents, pipes, and other roof openings. Hurricanes can also harm flashing. You should also repair any damaged flashing at the earliest possible moment.
- Water damage. One of the main worries following a hurricane is water damage. It would be advisable that you call for a water damage restoration company once you spot any traces of water damage in your building.
- Other damage. Feel and check out if there are other damages like holes and cracks in other places of the roof and walls.
Here are some safety tips to remember when inspecting your roof for hurricane damage:
- Avoid slipping and be careful not to fall. If your roof is wet or slippery, wear proper footwear and be careful.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Watch out for electrical wires and other potential dangers on your roof.
- Avoid climbing up on a windy Roof. Hurricane winds are powerful, sometimes reaching hurricane-strength
- Calling an expert if you cannot conduct checks on your roof is advisable.
After inspecting your roof, make a photo and video record of all the damages you encounter. You will find this documentation useful during a claim with your insurance company.
You might have to take a few patches temporarily to ensure that other damages do not occur if the damages are huge on your roofing. This may entail layering the roof with a tarp of plywood. On the other hand, it is recommended that you engage a competent commercial roofing contractor to carry out necessary repairs or replacements.
Contact Commercial Roofing Contractor
After checking up on your roof and finding out there has been damage, you need to call upon a commercial roofing contractor. The contractor would also measure the amount of damage and advise on the recommended course of action.
Selecting the right commercial roofing contractor requires due diligence. Select only a licensed and insured contractor. Apart from this, you should also seek for references and check on online reviews.
Tips for choosing a reputable commercial roofing contractor
- Check for licensing and insurance. Ensure that you get licensed and insured contractors in the state where your business operates. Your state’s licensing board can be contacted for confirmation of their license.
- Ask for references. Request from any client that had a contractor and ask the contractor for references. Contact references and find out how they feel being part of projects carried out by this contractor.
- Read online reviews. Try reading reviews of the contractor online and see what other clients have commented on his delivery services. Read some opinions left by the other consumers when buying the product online and see what they say regarding his performance.
- Get multiple estimates. Get bids from at least three different contractors before making any decision. It will aid you in determining if you are paying the right amount for the job.
- After choosing an appropriate contractor, they will come and evaluate the existing state of your roof. To detect any damages, the contractor will search for missing or damaged shingles, flashing damage, and water damage.
After completing the inspection, the contractor will present you with an option of either repairing or replacing the roof. The extent of the damage suffered by your roof and its age will inform you on whether to repair or entirely replace it.
The contractor will only do repairs in case of minimal damage to your roof. Nevertheless, if the damage is extensive or your roof is old, the contractor may recommend you replace it.
The contractor also needs to inform you about his recommendation if you are uncertain if your roof should be repaired or replaced.
Contact a commercial roofing contractor:
- Be clear about your needs. Explain clearly to the contractor the kind of roof and the kind of damage you have discovered. This is what the contractor will do to arrive at an accurate quote for the project.
- Be prepared to answer questions. The contractor might question you about your roof, for instance, whether it is old or what materials were used in constructing it. Ensure you are ready with answers to those questions so that the contractor gives you the best service.
- Get everything in writing. After choosing a contractor, ensure that every detail is on paper, like the scope of work, estimation, and warranty provision. This will act as a shield for you against any disagreements.
File an insurance claim for hurricane damage
In case of hurricane damage on your commercial roof, you must call your insurer directly to file a claim. Your insurance will send the adjuster to find out how much coverage you have and evaluate the degree of damages suffered.
6 Steps to file an insurance claim for hurricane damage
- Contact your insurance company. In case of storm or hurricane damage on your commercial roof in Orlando, immediately notify your insurance company. They will provide guidelines for filing a claim.
- Document the damage. Take pictures or, better still, record videos of your damaged roof. Ensure you also get any evidence on the hurricane from the newspapers or meteorologist warnings. It will assist your insurance company in reviewing the damages and determining whether it is covered in your policy.
- File a claim. However, you will lodge your claim with your insurance company after collecting all the relevant documents. You can call to submit a claim or file online, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Cooperate with the adjuster. Your insurance firm will send an inspector to ascertain how badly your roof was damaged. Work with the adjuster and ensure you give out all the information the adjuster requires.
- Review the settlement offer. Your company’s adjuster appraises the damages before making a settlement offer. Ensure that this settlement settles all costs incurred due to repairs on your roof.
- If you are satisfied with the insurance’s settlement offer, you can accept it. Your insurance company will then pay you to cover repairing or replacing your roof.
If there is a denial from the insurance company, you can appeal the decision.
It is also important to remember that you will need to pay a deductible on your insurance claim.
Following these tips can increase your chances of getting your insurance claim approved and your commercial roof repaired or replaced after a hurricane.
Temporary Roof Repairs
To keep everything safe, hire a commercial roofing contractor:
- Check for licensing and insurance. Be particular that the contractor has licenses in the state where your business resides and that they are also adequately insured. Checking their license status with your state’s licensing board is advisable.
- Ask for references. Find out from the past clients of the contractor what their experiences were when dealing with the contractor. Talk to the references and inquire how satisfied they were with the contractor’s service.
- Read online reviews. Check out some online reviews from the customer’s side on how the contractor conducts his business activities.
- Get multiple estimates. Have at least three different contractors give you their estimates before making a choice and then decide on that. By doing so, you can ascertain that you are paying a competitive rate for the job.
- Ensure that the contractor is competent in hurricane damage repair. Ensure the contractor can repair a commercial roof due to hurricane damage. You could then inquire how they have fared where previous hurricane damage concerns are concerned.
Get your roof repaired or replaced
After filing an insurance claim and making temporary fixes, you must hire a commercial roofing company to repair or replace the roof.
To get your roof repaired or replaced, you must:
➔ Hire a reliable commercial roofer company. This step should also be considered significant because it will ensure that the artistry is done correctly and to the best of your ability. When choosing a contractor, consider the following factors:
❖ License and insurance: Ensure that the contractor has a valid license and insurance in the state of your business.
❖ Experience: If your roof is of an unusual make or has undergone hurricane damage, choose a contractor with experience in commercial roof repairs and replacement.
❖ Reputation: Contact references of previous clients and check customer ratings online to assess the contractor’s reputation.
❖ Warranty: A reliable contractor should also provide a warranty on the work done.”
❖ Communication: Go for a contractor that responds immediately to your queries.
➔ Get multiple estimates. Ensure you ask for various price quotes after selecting a few possible contractors. This will enable you to evaluate materials, labor, and warranty costs.
➔ Sign a contract. Upon selecting the contractor, ensure that you sign a contract before the commencement of work. Therefore, the contract terms should include the scope of the job, expected cost, and warranty.
➔ Schedule the work. As soon as you sign the contract, you can plan your work with the contractor after this step in writing. Make sure you talk about the time frames of the project, as well as any disturbances that might affect your business.
➔ Supervise the work. Monitor the commencement of the work closely after that. Enforce compliance with the contract terms and adherence to acceptable construction standards by the contractor.
➔ Inspect the work. Make sure you check the project thoroughly after completion. Ensure that all damages are repaired while the roof remains intact.
➔ Pay the contractor. You can only pay the contractor once you are happy with their work. Ensure that you hold on to the original copy of the receipt.
When a hurricane damages your commercial roof, you should repair or replace it immediately to avoid more loss. WeatherShiled Roofing Group is a trusted commercial roofing contractor in Orlando, FL, providing hurricane damage repair and replacement. They inspect your roof for free, analyze the damage, and advise you about the proper measures. They will assist in liaising with your insurance firm to ensure that adequate coverages are availed to you. Hurricane-damaged commercial roof? The Weroo Group provides quality commercial roof repair and replacement. They are efficient but fast enough to ensure your system is up again on time to allow normal operations.
For several years, Orlando, FL, residents have relied on the quality services the well-known commercial roofing contractor WeatherShiled Roofing Group offers. The company has trained and qualified professionals capable of carrying out any commercial roof repair or replacement after a storm or, better yet, a hurricane.
It is noteworthy to indicate that the WeatherShiled Roofing Group provides free inspection of your commercial roof to assess the degree of damage and offer recommendations on the better alternative as to which way should be taken. They will also liaise with your insurance company to ensure that you acquire proper coverage.
If you need your commercial roof repaired or replaced after a hurricane, the WeatherShiled Roofing Group is the right choice. They will work quickly and efficiently to get your roof back to full working order so that you can get back to business.
Call WeatherShiled Roofing Group today for a free inspection of your commercial roof in Orlando, FL or send your request onine.